Brief HTML BackgroundHTML has not been around for many years. November 1990 marks the day of the first web page and back then there were little to no HTML standards to be followed. A group called the World Wide Web Consortium was then formed and have since set the standards that are widely accepted and we will base our teachings around them.
Web PagesWeb pages have many uses. Here are some important facts about why web pages are so useful.
- A cheap and easy way to spread information to a large audience.
- Another medium to market your business.
- Let the world know about you with a personal website!
Words to Know
- Tag - Used to specify ("mark-up") regions of HTML documents for the web browser to interpret. Tags look like this:
- Element - A complete tag, having an opening
and a closing.
- Attribute - Used to modify the value of the HTML element. Elements will often have multiple attributes.